lundi 14 novembre 2011

Cross Country YOW -> YVR

Well sorry folks! I'm a little bit behind in my blog because I've been trying day and night, well nights we're spent having fun, to get this blog in order and how I want it. Holy hard work! It was actually easier to cross the continent, land of the free! Speaking of that, I left Ottawa on Monday the 31st of October  at 9ish and pulled in Vancouver on Thursday at 9ish. I can say that for four days I was part of the long hauler on one of the United States most travelled interstate: I-90. Among the truckers, I was pacing this journey at 125km/h heading West where the great voyage would begin. Hit the road, that's what I did from dusk to dawn with no relief like a English Navy sailboat would make it's way across the ocean, there's was no time to stop nor to take pictures. Mile after mile, Mr. Pistachio keeping the pace full steam ahead against all elements the road would throw at us, it was a mission, there was no looking behind. The sun would blind the fools, the clouds rolled in like a tsunami, the rain poored in buckets, the cold would freeze our veins, it was no small task but we did it, at the helm of my vessel, I was making sure my compass was showing 270 because there was no other heading that shall have been navigated!

This road trip was amazing, four days to think, look at the great landscape, shoot short videos and just enjoying time. I've compiled a couple of number for this trip:


4948 km
4 days
15 hours of driving per days
11 States
2 provinces
614,45$ of diesel
12 fulls
0,12 cent per kilometre
152 US gallons of Diesel
575,38 litres of Diesel
9,71 l/100 best mileage
11,62 l/100 average mileage
13,15 l/100 worst mileage
0 flat
16 gig of videoblog
0$ of Hotel fees because my van was my Holiday Inn
1 icebox full of mom's lunch :) (nice)
1 really nice roadtrip
1 Antoine really happy!

This continent as so much to offer that I could have done a 6 months road trip! I guess it's now in the bucket list. 

Few notes: Chicago seems quite nice, Billings MT looks terrible, Ohio/Pensylvania shoreline is pretty nice, there's a ton of winneries in Pensylvania, North Dakota bad lands are really cool, rest Areas along the Interstate are really well organized, it's worth paying for toll roads because they're nice but make sure you have a load of quarters, for Canadians, there's some Tims in NY state, if you have some shopping to do, Montana doesn't have any taxes, respect truckers and they'll respect you & vice versa and that's about it!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire