lundi 7 novembre 2011

The last pay check

All my life, I’ve been looking to ensure my happiness and so far I’ve been quite succesfull. Making sure every situation are always taken on not the half full glass but the full glass itself. If you put a little effort in life, it give you a hole lot more in return. But their has always been a factor not accounted for: money. I’ve been able to travel around, live in Vancouver, travel back and forth from there, buy a Delica, well you get the picture. Was the money involved in my happiness? I’m bound to say yes because it has allowed me to do a lot of cool things which aren’t possible without the money. As I’m about to leave my job to go travel for a while, I’m also about to quit my job for the first time in 6 years. By quit I mean leaving my workplace and not knowing if I’ll have employment when I come back to Canada. I was able to put aside enough money to ensure travelling for while. Also a emergency fund if I need to flew out where ever I am in the world. Basically, safe travelling. But here’s the thing, if I’m to embark on a new journey that will last longer then expected, will happiness still be there even if money income aren’t what they’re right now? I’d say so. But I also have to be carefull with myself. I’ve been in situation before where my positivism got me into trouble. So requestion myself. Will happiness still be there even if the money income aren’t what they’re right now. Ok I have my reserve but I think it’s still doable. There will be some adjustement but if a make a little math of my own, I can see that most of my expense won’t apply while on trip. Cellphone bill, car insurance, rent, gas, groceries, l’autre oeil tab, etc… Expenses that are much more then what they will be on trip. I’m not blind and don’t think that living will be a buck-a-day! But seriously, it will be cheaper! But then come the ultimate question for me.  I’ve grew in an environment where retirement is important. Make sure you’ll have enough money to be able to keep a descent living style and so on. But to do so, a lot of efforts and sacrifices were made to be with same employer and creating a wealth over the years. RSP, pension plan, savings, etc… It’s important but to what extent. Can I, in my early 20′s, omit to save money for a couple of years and go on a journey that will put me in the same financial situation than when I’ll be leaving. No debt, no assets. Earlier I’ve talk about jobs, NGO and so on. If I can live without a pay and work for an organization that will feed me and give me a sleeping bag, I’m pretty much happy! I guess the only thing is that you can’t do that all your life!
Until next time, Cheers!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire