mercredi 12 décembre 2012

Pumpkin pie, love and tropical mangrove



Connect dinner / Thanksgiving
So apparently it's Thanksgiving so I've decided to cook with another crew, a massive dinner for the whole crew. Beef roast, cauliflower cheese, roasted vegetable, Bechamel, green beans salad and to perfectly end this meal, pumpkin pie! It was a brilliant dinner and it was a good excuse to connect with the crew and have a bit of family away from home about 5 miles up a mangrove river in the Andaman Islands. 

Infinity anchored in the mangroves
During the dinner, the topic of home and family was widely discussed. Where do I belong, what is home and so forth were question/comments I could hear a lot. I those occasion, I reassess what's going around me and the conclusion seems to always be the same: my home is right here with me in my heart, dad, mom, my friends, my family and everyone that's important to me. I call my folks often enough to not feel like I'm losing contact and I my friends understand my need to be a globetrotter so therefore when I go back, I've missed a lot but I haven't burnt my bridges. Family is certainly one of the most important thing to have as long as it doesn't tie your dreams and goals and home doesn't have to be a house! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire